The Most Important Thing About Pharmaceris Oily Skin Products
If you have oily skin, you might find that typical high-street skincare products don’t help your complexion - in some cases, they may even make it worse.
This is because skincare companies often use harsh, stripping ingredients in their cleansing formulas, and comedogenic (aka pore-clogging) ingredients in their moisturisers and creams. This is the worst possible combination for oily skin: not only do you end up stripping your skin of its natural moisture (causing your body to produce more oil) but you also end up with breakouts.
When it comes to treating oily skin, we prefer to refer to dermatologically-tested, pharmacist-inspired skincare companies like Pharmaceris. In this article, we’re going to discuss how Pharmaceris oily skin products can keep your complexion balanced, as well as a few of our pharmacist-approved tips for taking care of oily skin. So, let’s take a look!
What is oily skin?
If you have oily skin, it means that your skin produces more sebum than normal: this can give your complexion an oily, ‘greasy’, or slick look. Increased oil production also means that your pores are more likely to become clogged: when oil gets trapped underneath the skin, pimples develop.
Symptoms of oily skin
You might be wondering: do I have oily skin? It’s fairly easy to decipher if you have oily skin or not, as you probably experience the following on a regular basis:
- Waking up with oily residue on your complexion
- Noticing oil stains on your pillows or bed sheets
- Finding that your hair gets greasier quicker than normal, especially any hair near the forehead area
- Increased pimples and breakouts
- Finding it difficult to apply make-up without it being smudged off hours later
- Being more prone to acne
- Experiencing sensitivities and pimples when using new skincare products
If most of the above statements apply to you, you most likely have oily skin.
What causes oily skin?
In most cases, oily skin is just your skin type: most people either have dry, oily, or normal to combination skin. In other cases, oily skin can be caused by a number of lifestyle factors.
Studies have shown that oily skin is more present in those whose diets are rich in saturated fats and sugars; also, women with PCOS are more likely to experience oily skin and pimples than those without this particular reproductive condition.
In some cases, it can even be your skincare routine that causes oily skin: using harsh, stripping cleansers (for example, alcohol-based cleansers and scrubs) can strip your skin of its natural sebum and oil, causing your body to overcompensate and produce even more. Gentle, pH-balanced cleansers are best for oily skin, as they won’t trigger this response.
No matter whether your oily skin is genetic or caused by outside factors, Pharmaceris oily skin products can help.
Who is Pharmaceris?
Pharmaceris is a dermatology-focused skincare brand popular in Europe. They offer a wide range of skincare and hair treatment products, all of which have been formulated to target specific skin concerns, such as oily skin, acne-prone skin, and dry skin.
What you need to know about Pharmaceris
So, why do we love this European brand so much? It’s simple - their products work. Not only are the ingredients safe and EU-approved, but each formula is also unique, developed and designed for each skin type.
When it comes to oily-prone skin, conventional wisdom might have you scrubbing and double-cleansing to get rid of every last bit of oil on your complexion. But we - like Pharmaceris - know that this method doesn’t work.
If you have oily or acne-prone skin, one of the most important things to do is to not over-cleanse your skin. Pharmaceris understands this, which is why their cleansers designed for acne-prone skin are gel-based, foam-based, and most importantly - gentle on the skin.
Pharmaceris Cleanser for Acne Prone Skin
While Pharmaceris stock lots of impressive products designed to soothe and balance oily skin, we’re honing in on their cleansers. Cleansing is such a vital component of any oily-based skincare routine, and so much conventional advice that you might find online is often counter-productive.
Our favourite oily skin cleanser from the Pharmaceris brand is currently their Pharmaceris T, Deeply Cleansing Face Foam Puri-Sebostatic. Here’s why:
- It’s a foaming cleanser. Foaming cleansers are perfect for oily skin - but why? Foam is much more adapted to getting into the pores than other thicker gel or cream cleansers, meaning you’re getting a deeper cleanse without having to strip the skin or use a harsher formula. Foam is also apt at getting rid of excess oil on the surface of the skin.
- There are no acne-aggravating ingredients in the formula. The formula is dermatologically-approved and contains no aggravating, harsh ingredients.
- It helps to balance the complexion - even when your skin is dry. One of the most difficult dilemmas for those with oily skin is trying to achieve skin balance without drying out the skin. This cleanser’s formula is naturally hydrating, meaning that it won’t strip the skin of its natural moisture.
- It’s suitable for daily use. So many cleansers for oily skin are marketed as night cleansers or deemed too harsh for daily or twice-daily use. This cleanser’s gentle foaming formula can be used daily - up to two times. Perfect for morning and nighttime cleanse.
- It’s completely affordable. Not only is this cleanser suitable for use every day, but it’s also incredibly affordable: with Pharmaceris, you’re getting luxury ingredients for high-street prices.
- Most importantly - it’s gentle. As previously mentioned, the most important thing in an oily skincare routine is a gentle cleanser. This face foam by Pharmaceris won’t irritate, aggravate, or create skin imbalances. It is pH balanced, helping those with oily skin keep their complexions hydrated without suffering a flare-up of pimples as a result.
The Bottom Line
For affordable, gentle skincare products for oily and acne-prone skin, look no further than Pharmaceris. With a range designed with science and dermatology in mind, their range can help you enjoy shine-free skin all year round.