My Clarins Beautiful Skin Cocktail: What it is and How to Use it
If you have young skin, it’s a good idea to start taking care of it early. Getting into the habit of cleansing and moisturising your skin regularly can help prevent pimples, hydrate your skin, and can also help to balance your skin against the influence of hormones, environmental damage, pollution, and make-up.
In late 2019, French beauty brand Clarins introduced their My Clarins range; a range of skincare essentials designed for young skin. Not long after, the brand released their ‘My Clarins Beautiful Skin Cocktail’, a skincare kit with all products you need for a complete routine.
In this article, we’re going to go over the essentials of the kit, what the products do, and why they’re great.
What is considered ‘young skin’?
As the My Clarins skin range is designed for “young skin”, you might be wondering - do I qualify as having ‘young skin’? Typically, young skin refers to anyone between the ages of 18-35, but this is simply a general guideline.
The good news is, even if you don’t have young skin, you can still benefit from using the skincare products in the My Clarins range.
The reason the range is great for young skin is that each product uses safe, natural and gentle ingredients in their formulas, making them suitable for young and teen skin. But you don’t need to be ‘young’ to use any of these products.
What is the My Clarins Beautiful Skin Cocktail?
The My Clarins Beautiful Skin Cocktail kit is comprised of four products from the My Clarins range:
- My Clarins RE-BOOST Hydrating Cream. This hydrating day cream is suitable for all skin types and formulated with gentle ingredients to make it lightweight enough for young skin. The formula is enriched with hydrating coconut water, purifying Alpenrose and plumping fig extract.
- My Clarins RE-MOVE Cleansing Milk. A gentle cleansing milk ideal for removing make-up, this cleanser can be used to wash off the day without stripping your skin.
- My Clarins RE-MOVE Purifying Cleansing Gel. Ideal for keeping young and teen skin free from pimples and breakouts, this cleansing gel purifies the skin and deep-cleans the pores.
- My Clarins RE-BOOST Relaxing Sleep Mask. Infused with coconut water and detoxifying huang qi, this sleep mask can be used 1-3 times a week to give dull skin a pick-me-up.
These products create a complete skincare routine all-in-one, and can be used as follows:
The most important step of your morning skincare routine is cleansing. Your skin can produce sebum while you sleep, so it’s a good idea to give your face a wash in the morning. For this, you can use the My Clarins RE-MOVE Purifying Cleansing Gel. This gel cleanser will clear away any impurities, smooth your complexion and help balance the skin.
Once you’ve cleansed your face, you can follow up with the My Clarins RE-BOOST Hydrating Cream. This day cream is suitable for all skin types and comes in cute illustrated packaging. Enriched with coconut water, this cream is lightweight enough for young skin but hydrating enough to provide 24-hour skin softness.
It’s always important to follow up with a moisturiser once you’ve cleansed your skin - during the cleansing process, you end up stripping the skin of lots of its natural oils. To prevent dryness or irritation, always follow up with a hydrating cream.
Night cream and bedtime cleansing
For your nighttime skincare routine, there are three products in the kit that you can use - and wake up with happy, hydrated skin in the morning! First, you’ll want to use the My Clarins RE-MOVE Cleansing Milk to get rid of any dirt, make-up or impurities on the skin. This is the first step in what is known as a “double cleanse.”
Then, you can follow up with the RE-MOVE Purifying Cleansing Gel. This cleanser gives your skin a deeper and more purifying cleanse than the cleansing milk; it’ll also help balance your skin and clear away any lingering impurities.
When it comes to your nighttime moisturiser, you can use the RE-BOOST hydrating cream again if you wish to. However, if you want to give your skin some extra TLC, you can opt for the My Clarins RE-BOOST Relaxing Sleep Mask. Enriched with Acerola Fruit and Fig extract, this sleep mask is great at giving your skin a reset.
For best results, use 1-3 times a week; preferably when your skin is feeling dull, dehydrated or lacking radiance.
Why is the My Beautiful Skin Cocktail so great?
Aside from being created by Clarins - one of the most dependable, trustworthy skincare brands in the world - there are a number of other reasons we recommend this kit for young skin:
- The ingredients are friendly to young and teen skin. Young skin goes through a lot - acne, hormones, cosmetic experiments. You don’t want to aggravate it further. The My Clarins range created their skincare products with young skin in mind, using gentle and non-abrasive ingredients that won’t irritate the skin.
- The range - and kit - prioritise natural ingredients. When you have young skin, it’s best to keep your skincare routine as natural as possible. The Beautiful Skin Cocktail kit - and the My Clarins range in general - keep natural ingredients the focus of all their products.
- It’s simple. Young people have enough to worry about; exams, work, relationships, keeping up with their friends. They shouldn’t also be having to worry about curating the perfect 9-step skincare routine. Simplicity is key when it comes to young skin, which is why the Beautiful Skin Cocktail kit is a great option for teens and skincare beginners.
Is My Clarins good for acne?
The My Clarins range has a number of products designed to help acne-prone skin, including a RE-BOOST Matifying Hydrating Cream, their Purifying Gel Cleanser and My Clarins Clear Out, a blemish eraser.
Is the My Clarins range vegan?
Yes! The My Clarins skincare range is the first fully-vegan collection from the Clarins brand. It’s also cruelty-free.