Clarins Skincare Range for Young Skin: Everything you Need to Know
Finding effective skincare for young skin can be difficult. With influencers doing paid promotions for every new beauty brand under the sun, it can be difficult to determine true quality when it comes to skincare products.
In our view, sometimes it’s best to stick with the experts.
In 2019, French beauty connoisseurs Clarins launched their range for young skin, and it’s since proven to be a massive success. So, what’s in the range, and why is it so great? Let’s take a look.
Clarins for Young Skin: Explained
When it comes to taking care of your skin, it’s important to remember that your skin needs will change depending on your age. While there are certain universal tenants of skincare - such as always removing make-up, or always keeping your skin moisturised - the ingredients that your skin needs will be influenced by how old you are.
For this reason, Clarins launched their My Clarins range in 2019, with the aim of simplifying skincare for the generation the most inundated with skincare trends, social media marketing, and one-size-fits-all must-haves.
What’s in the range?
You can find the following products in the Clarins skincare range for young skin:
- My Clarins RE-MOVE Purifying Cleansing Gel. Formulated with blemish-fighting meadowsweet and purifying moringa, this cleanser works to remove all dirt, bacteria and make-up without stripping the skin.
- My Clarins RE-MOVE Micellar Cleansing Water. Plant-based and non-irritating, this cleansing water removes make-up without drying out the skin.
- My Clarins RE-MOVE Micellar Cleansing Milk. Ideal for sensitive skin types but suitable for all, this cleansing milk removes all traces of make-up, leaving the skin feeling smooth, clear and purified.
- My Clarins RE-BOOST Comforting Hydrating Cream. Formulated with shea butter to nourish dry skin, this moisturiser provides intense hydration and helps soothe dry, irritated, and sensitive skin.
- My Clarins RE-BOOST Refreshing Hydrating Cream. This day moisturiser is formulated with Alpenrose, goji berry, coconut water, fig extract and tamarin. It helps to reduce skin texture while providing all-day hydration.
- My Clarins RE-BOOST Matifying Hydrating Cream. Ideal for oily skin, this hydrating day cream balances oily skin, leaving a matte finish ideal for applying make-up. This moisturiser is also enriched with strawberry tree to fight shine, and meadowsweet to fight and prevent blemishes.
- My Clarins RE-CHARGE Relaxing Sleep Mask. There’s just one night cream in the My Clarins range, and it happens to be one of the most popular products in the range. This sleep mask is enriched with huang qi to detox the skin overnight, while the acerola fruit in the formula will have you waking up with radiant, balanced skin.
- My Clarins RE-FRESH Hydrating Beauty Mist. This beauty mist is designed to be spritzed over make-up or clean skin for a quick, hydrating pick-me-up. While suitable for all skin types, this mist is great for those with dry skin to use throughout the day.
Benefits of Cleansing Gel for Young Skin
When you’ve got young skin, your key concerns will typically include the prevention or removal of acne or blemishes. This is because your hormones are more likely to fluctuate during your teens and early twenties, and any changes in your hormones can cause a spike in sebum production, leading to unpleasant spots.
For this reason, choosing a cleanser is a key component of any skincare routine for young skin. In the My Clarins range, there are three cleansers to choose from: a milky cleansing water, a micellar water, and a cleansing gel.
For an effective cleanse, it’s a good idea to use both a make-up/dirt remover alongside a gel cleanser. You can use either the micellar water or micellar milk for removing make-up or impurities, before opting for the Purifying Cleansing Gel to clear your pores.
Gel cleansers are great for young skin: being water-based, they can help provide balance to acne-prone skin without stripping your skin of its natural oils. Even if you don’t have oily skin, a gel cleanser is effective at clearing away impurities, while being less irritating than a foaming cleanser or scrub cleanser.
What’s the Best Clarins Moisturiser for Me?
As you probably already noticed above, there are four moisturisers in the My Clarins range. So how can you tell which is best for you? It’s simple: each Clarins moisturiser has been designed and adapted to suit each skin type, with an option for normal skin, oily skin and dry skin.
Each of the moisturisers in the range use the same base ingredients for the hydrating formula: Alpenrose, goji berry, coconut water, fig extract and tamarin. On top of this, Clarins have added supplementary ingredients to the formulas for both dry and oily skin, allowing each to tackle specific skin concerns.
If you have oily skin, the My Clarins RE-BOOST Matifying Hydrating Cream is the best for you. There are no pore-clogging, comedogenic ingredients in the formula, and the moisturiser is enriched with blemish-fighting meadowsweet and strawberry tree designed to fight shine.
My Clarins Oily Skincare Routine: My Clarins Micellar Cleansing Water, Purifying Gel Cleanser, RE-BOOST Matifying Hydrating Cream.
If you have dry skin, the My Clarins RE-BOOST Comforting Hydrating Cream is designed for your skin. Infused with conditioning shea butter, this moisturiser will tackle dryness, provide all-day hydration and conceal any flakiness or dry patches.
Do note: If you have combination skin that is sometimes oily and sometimes dry, we’d advise against using this cream and recommend that you opt for the RE-BOOST Refreshing Cream instead. Shea butter is highly comedogenic, and can clog pores if your oily skin is acne-prone.
My Clarins Dry Skincare Routine: My Clarins Micellar Cleansing Milk, Purifying Gel Cleanser, My Clarins RE-FRESH Hydrating Beauty Mist, RE-BOOST Comforting Hydrating Cream.
For those with normal skin, the My Clarins RE-BOOST Refreshing Hydrating Cream is for you. Offering all-day hydration, the active ingredients in this formula help to improve any texture problems while balancing the skin.My Clarins Normal Skincare Routine: My Clarins Micellar Cleansing Milk or Cleansing Water, Purifying Gel Cleanser, RE-BOOST Refreshing Hydrating Cream.